Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pet Fish


A redneck with a bucket full of live fish

was approached recently by a game warden in

Central Mississippi as he started to drive his boat

away from a lake.

The game warden asked the man, "May I see

your fishing license please?"

"Naw, sir," replied the redneck. "I don't need

none of them there papers. These here are my

pet fish."


"Pet fish??"


"Yep. Once a week, I bring these here fish

o'mine down to the lake and let 'em swim 'round

for a while. Then when I whistle, they swim

right back into my net and I take 'em home."


"What a line of horse manure....you're under arrest."


The redneck said, "It's the truth, Mr. Gov'ment

Man. I'll show ya! We do this all the time!!"

"WE do, now, do WE?" smirked the warden.

"PROVE it!"

The redneck released the fish into the lake

and stood and waited.


After a few minutes, the warden said, "Well?"


"Well, WHUT?" said the redneck.

The warden asked, "When are you going

to call them back?"

"Call who back?"

"The FISH," replied the warden!

"Whut fish?" asked the redneck.

MORAL OF THE STORY:


We may not be as smart as some city

slickers, but we ain't as dumb as

some government employees.


You can say what you want about

the South, but you never hear of

anyone retiring and moving north.


No comments:

Post a Comment