Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Importance of Walking for Senior Citizens

Walking can add minutes to your life.


This enables you at 85 years old
to


spend an additional 5 months alive in


a nursing home at $4,500 per month.







My grandpa started walking


five miles a day when he was 60.


Now he's 97 years old
and we


have no idea where the hell he is.



I like long walks, especially when


they are taken by people who


annoy me.






The only reason I would take


up walking is so that I could


hear heavy breathing again.

I have to walk early in the


morning, before my brain


figures out what I'm doing...






I joined a health club last year,


spent about 250 bucks.


Haven't lost a pound.


Apparently you have to go there!



Every time I hear the dirty word


'exercise', I wash my mouth out


with chocolate.






I do have flabby thighs, but


fortunately my stomach covers them.


The advantage of exercising every


day is so when you die, they'll say,


'Well, he looks good doesn't he.'







If you are going to try cross-country


skiing, start with a small country.



I know I got a lot of exercise


the last few years,......


just getting over the hill.







We all get heavier as we get older,


because there's a lot more


information in our heads.


That's my story and I'm



sticking to it.

AND

Every time I start thinking too


much about how I look, I just


find a pub with a Happy Hour


and by the time I leave,


I look just fine.





You could run this over to your


friends But just e-mail it to


them! It will save you the walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment