Thursday, September 8, 2011

One light bulb at a time




A physics teacher in high school, once
told the students that while one
grasshopper on the railroad tracks
wouldn't slow a train very much, but a
billion of them would. With that thought
in mind, read the following.

This past weekend I was at Kroger. I
needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce
dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb
aisle, and right next to the GE brand I
normally buy was an off-brand labeled,
"Everyday Value" I picked up both
types of bulbs and compared the stats -
they were the same except for the price.
The GE bulbs were more money than
the Everyday Value brand but the thing
that surprised me the most was the fact
that GE was made in MEXICO and the
Everyday Value brand was made in - get
ready for this - the USA in company in
Cleveland, Ohio.

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer
Sheets ..... Yep, you guessed it, bounce
cost more money and is made in
Canada. The Everyday Value brand was
less money and MADE IN THE USA! I
did laundry yesterday and the dryer
sheets performed just like the Bounce
Free I have been using for years and at
almost half the price!

I was in Lowes the other day for some
reason and just for the heck of it I was
looking at the hose attachments. They
were all made in China. The next day I
was in Ace Hardware and just for the
heck of it, I checked the hose
attachments there. They were made in
USA. Start looking.

In our current economic situation, every
little thing we buy or do affects someone
else -- even their job.

My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I
noticed, though, that it is marked made in
Mexico now.

I do not buy it any more.


My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made
in Mexico ... Now I have switched to
Crest. You have to read the labels on
everything.

My challenge to you is to start reading the
labels when you shop for everyday things
and see what you can find that is made in
the USA- the job you save may be your own
or your neighbors!

(We should have awakened a decade
ago.)

If you accept the challenge, pass this
on to others in your address book so
we can all start buying American, one
light bulb at a time! Stop buying from
overseas companies!
 
Let's get with the program. Help our
fellow Americans keep their jobs and
create more jobs here in the U.S.A.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment