Friday, March 11, 2011

Moms

LESSON OF THE DAY – NEVER LIE TO YOUR MOTHER


You don’t even have to be a mother to enjoy this one…

Brian invited his mother over for dinner.. During the course of the meal,

Brian’s mother couldn’t help but notice how beautiful Brian’s

roommate,
Jennifer, was. Brian’s Mom had long been suspicious of the

platonic
 relationship between Brian and Jennifer, and this had only

made her more 
curious. Over the course of the evening, while watching

the two interact, she 
started to wonder if there was more between Brian

and Jennifer than met the
 eye. Reading his mom’s thoughts, Brian

volunteered, ‘I know what you must 
be thinking, but I assure you

Jennifer and I are just roommates.’

About a week later, Jennifer came to Brian saying, ‘Ever since your

mother
came to dinner, I’ve been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy

ladle.
You don’t suppose she took it, do you?’

Brian said, ‘Well, I doubt it, but I’ll send her an e-mail just to be sure.
So

he sat down and wrote:
_
Dear Mom,
I’m not saying that you ‘did’ take the

gravy ladle from the house, I’m not
 saying that you ‘did not’ take the

gravy ladle. But the fact remains that
one has been missing ever since

you were here for dinner.
Love, Brian


Several days later, Brian received an email back from his mother that read:


Dear Son,
I’m not saying that you ‘do’ sleep with Jennifer, I’m not saying

that you
 'do not’ sleep with Jennifer. But the fact remains that if

Jennifer is
 sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the gravy

ladle by now.
 Love, Mom


*********************


No comments:

Post a Comment