Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Aah, The Golden Years

SPECIAL POEM FOR OLDER FOLKS


A row of bottles on my shelf


Caused me to analyze myself.


One yellow pill I have to pop


Goes to my heart so it won't stop.?


A little white one that I take


Goes to my hands so they won't shake.


The blue ones that I use a lot


Tell me I'm happy when I'm not.


The purple pill goes to my brain


And tells me that I have no pain.?

The capsules tell me not to wheeze


Or cough or choke or even sneeze..


The red ones, smallest of them all


Go to my blood so I won't fall.


The orange ones, very big and bright


Prevent my leg cramps in the night.


Such an array of brilliant pills


Helping to cure all kinds of ills.


But what I'd really like to know...........
Is what tells each one where to go!



I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face.


I knew the romance was dead when I drank champagne out of the old girls slipper and choked on a Dr. Scholl's foot pad


The local paper sent a reporter out for my 90th birthday. He asked the secret of my longevity. Simple, sez I to him... Keep Breathing


I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want ot annoy for the rest of your life.


I've ofter thought that life is like a roll of toilet tissue. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.


There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example
 I am sitting here right now thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment