Thursday, December 1, 2011

Irish Alzheimer's







Murphy showed up at Mass one Sunday & the priest 


almost fell down when he saw him. He'd never been to 


church in his life.


Murphy said, "I got to be honest with you Father, a
while back, I misplaced me hat & I really, really
love that hat. I know that McGlynn had a hat just
like mine & I knew he came to church every
Sunday . I also knew that he had to take off his hat
during Mass & figured he would leave it in the
back of church. So, I was going to leave after
Communion & steal McGlynn's hat."

The priest said, "Well, Murphy, I notice that ya
didn't steal McGlynn's hat. What changed your
mind?"
Murphy replied, "Well, after I heard your sermon
on the 10 Commandments I decided that I didn't
need to steal McGlynn's hat after all."

With a tear in his eye the priest gave Murphy a big
smile & said;"After I talked about ' Thou Shalt Not
Steal' ya decided you would rather do without
your hat than burn in Hell?"

Murphy slowly shook his head. "No, Father, after
ya talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery 'I
remembered where I left me hat ."


No comments:

Post a Comment